It’s always a good idea as a Florida homeowner to ensure that your family and home is protected by installing impact-resistant windows. However, replacing the windows of your business or office with these types of windows is also an investment that many company owners and property managers need to consider as well. Impact doors and windows provide maximum protection against hurricane-force winds and the debris they often carry, not to mention the fact that they improve the curb appeal of your property.
When considering the installation of impact windows, it’s important to understand the benefits of this type investment including the following:
- Durability and longevity – impact-resistant windows are known for their durability when it comes to taking on severe weather. Furthermore, they provide an added layer of security against break-ins from burglars, office invaders, and rioters. Because these windows are designed to remain intact after being broken, even the burglars might give up and move on to another office. Additionally, even during hurricane season, you can be sure that your staff and office possessions are safe.
- Ease of installation – unlike hurricane shutters that have to be removed once a storm has passed, you only have to install impact windows one time. The products that V&V Windows installs consist of two layers of tempered glass with a synthetic layer of PVB or polyvinyl butyral sandwiched in between them. Together, those three layers provide the maximum protection against hurricane force winds and flying debris.
- Energy efficiency – Floridians are all too familiar with expensive utility bills during the summer months. One of the primary benefits of impact-resistant windows is their ability to improve energy efficiency. You will also benefit in the wintertime as they help keep the heat inside your business. This in turn lowers your utility bills.
- Increased property values – installing products from V&V Windows can improve curb appeal and increase property values. Furthermore, most insurers will offer substantial discounts on policy premiums when you invest in impact doors and windows for your business or office building. Additionally, they qualify for tax credits.
- UV filtering qualities – impact windows were designed to block up to 99% of the sun’s harmful UV rays which can discolor interior fabrics. They also protect you and your employees from exposure to the sun and its damaging effects. Most importantly, the UV filtering qualities of these products creates a safer business environment while at the same time protecting any items or objects that are near windows from damaging. Thus, your investment ensures protection from harmful rays and hurricane winds, giving you total value for your investment.
For more information about impact-resistant windows for your office or to get an installation estimate, contact V&V Windows today.