Just about every Florida homeowner is aware of the fact that impact windows protect their homes against hurricanes and tropical storms. Obviously, that is the primary reason for installing them. If even one window on your home gets shattered during a hurricane, the protective barrier between the higher outdoor pressure that a hurricane produces and your home’s lower internal pressure is compromised. Massive internal damage can occur and put you and your loved one’s lives at risk.
Additional Benefits of Installing Impact-resistant Windows
In addition to protection against storm damage, impact-resistant windows offer other significant benefits as well including:
- Additional layer of security against break-ins and intruders
- Discounts on homeowner’s insurance premiums
- Increased resale value of the home
- Reducing noise pollution
- Significant cost savings on monthly energy bills
All of these factors should be taken into consideration as a part of your home upgrades agenda this winter. Thus, if you are investing in impact windows and doors, you are looking to gain more in the long run.
Other Home Upgrades to Consider During Winter
The cost to heat your home during winter can disrupt your enjoyment of the holidays. However, it can make you uncomfortable if you feel cold all the time. One of the main benefits of impact windows is energy efficiency. By addressing the windows in your home first, it will make things cozier for everyone. While you’re at it, consider these 6 additional home upgrade tips this winter:
- Check your attic for any air leaks and seal them.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat which will help you save on your monthly energy costs. Once you set the temperature, leave your thermostat alone.
- Install door sweeps on doors leading outside to prevent drafts from entering.
- Install weather stripping to prevent cold air from getting in and warm air from escaping through any cracks or gaps around doors and windows.
- Set your ceiling fan blades to spin clockwise. This lifts cool air up and pushes warm air down so you can enjoy it.
- Most importantly, have impact-resistant windows installed if you haven’t already done so. You’ll enjoy the significant cost savings on your monthly energy bills.
Remember, the purpose of winter upgrades is to provide added comfort and protect you and your loved ones during the hurricane and tropical storm season. One of the best ways to ensure comfort, protection, and safety is by installing impact windows from V&V Windows during the winter.
To learn more about our extensive product line and the cost of installing impact-resistant windows in your Florida home this winter, call us today at (305) 888-4151.