When you consider the natural elements and the type of lifestyle that Florida has to offer, it’s no wonder that so many individuals want to raise their families or retire here when the time comes. But, despite its beautiful beaches and ideal, year-round weather, homeowners living in the Sunshine State have suffered through numerous devastating hurricanes in years gone by. To protect your property, hurricane impact doors and windows can be a life-saver. It not only helps save your insurance but also increases the safety of your life.
As a Florida resident, you have two options for protecting your family, home, and its contents. You can deal with the misery of hanging or unhanging and storing hurricane shutters or you can talk to experts about hurricane impact doors and windows. The following is a list of 6 benefits that hurricane impact doors and windows provide.
- Discounted insurance premiums – most insurance companies recognize how impact doors and windows offer an effective level of protection for homeowners. As a result, many of them offer discounted premium rates for homeowner’s policies.
- Increased protection – impact doors and windows installed by a specialize company like V&V Windows, provides a high level of protection because of the extra layers or glass and materials used in the construction of them. Not only does this protect you from airborne debris during a storm, it can protect you and your family from break-ins.
- Increases energy-efficiency – older and poorly insulated doors and windows allow cool air to escape in summer and warm air to escape in winter. Impact doors and windows help decrease energy consumption by reducing heat gain in the summer months and retaining heat in the winter months.
- One-time installation – once our professionals have installed quality impact doors and windows, you’re done. Most Floridians are well aware of the fact that hurricanes don’t always make landfall as predicted. So hanging and unhanging shutters every time they broadcast a warning can be very labor-intensive as well as a hassle.
- Reduces noise pollution – our hurricane impact doors and windows can decrease the amount of environmental noise that enters your home. This is especially important if you live near an interstate highway or the intracoastal waterway.
- UV protection – the sun’s UV rays can damage artwork, fabric, paint, and photographs. Hurricane impact doors and windows will protect against this so that there is no fading or discoloration of these items due to prolonged UV exposure.
If you would like more information about the impact doors and windows that we offer or would like to schedule an appointment for an estimate, call V&V Windows today. Our team is available to answer any questions about our product line. We are the manufacturers and that is why we offer better rates with no hidden costs. You can visit our showroom and check each product out before buying them.