Many Florida homeowners have asked us if it’s worth it to install impact windows prior to selling their house and moving. It’s a good idea to have a professional pre-listing home inspection to determine if there are any areas of concern that should be addressed beforehand. One of those areas is windows.
Our advice is to replace them if you foresee that the new owners will have any problems in the future. Additionally, if you are the buyer and impact windows are not installed in the home you are moving into, we recommend making the investment in your future home for you and your family. Hurricanes and tropical storms are very common in Florida and you’ll benefit greatly in the long run on this investment.
Will Impact Windows increase the Value of Your Home?
If you’ve been considering installing impact windows prior to selling your home, you probably have lots of questions. Without a doubt, impact windows have numerous benefits. But are they worth it? YES! Before committing to making the investment, take a look at the benefits of installing impact windows. These include:
- Aesthetics – impact windows are clean, sleek, and streamlined thereby negating the need for hurricane panels or shutters. Furthermore, you won’t be sitting in the dark when you lose power as a hurricane approaches.
- Improved energy efficiency – impact windows are available in different types of glass. Their level of energy efficiency and performance will be based on the type of glass that you choose. The fact of the matter is that energy-efficiency is ranked as very important to 56% of all the home buyers out there.
- Increased protection – from a safety and security standpoint, another very important benefit is the increased level of protection against burglars and unwanted intruders that impact windows and doors provide.
- Noise reduction – another key benefit of installing impact windows is their ability to decrease outdoor noise levels. So if you live near businesses, busy roadways, or schools, you won’t have to deal with as much exterior noise as you normally would.
- Ultraviolet protection – in addition to improved energy efficiency and increased home protection, impact windows can block out up to 99% of the sun’s harmful UV rays. This helps protect artwork, drapes, fabrics, furniture, and walls from damage.
So do impact windows add value to your home? It’s a given that they can positively impact a prospective buyer’s willingness to pay your asking price. Just remember that energy efficiency is a great selling point. Plus, most buyers don’t want to deal with a lot of renovations and repairs once they’re in their new home. To learn more, call V&V Windows at (305) 888-4151 today.