Nothing equates with proudness and satisfaction like the words “home ownership.’’ However, the privileges of owning a home come with responsibilities such as ensuring that it’s a safe place to live for you and your loved ones. When you live in the greater Miami area or elsewhere in South Florida, installing impact windows and doors gives you peace of mind. We know that there are multiple benefits of installing impact windows and doors and here are 6 top reasons for doing so:
- The obvious – impact windows and doors protect homes and what’s inside of them from hurricanes and tropical storms. The Atlantic hurricane season last year (2020) saw between $60 and $65 billion dollars in damages. Although this wasn’t the highest dollar amount on record, it should still make you realize the importance of impact-resistant glass products and their benefits.
- Added protection and security – most burglaries occur when an intruder enters your home through a door or window by breaking the glass or prying it open. Fortunately, impact-resistant windows and doors are difficult to break thanks to their construction. Since an intruder won’t be able to shatter the glass, it will most likely discourage them from targeting your home in the future.
- Energy efficiency – one of the reasons that people live in Florida or decide to move here is the temperate weather that occurs all year long. The multi-layer construction of impact doors and windows keeps the hot air out during summer months which helps you save money on your utility bills during the peak heat months.
- Homeowner’s insurance discounts – installing these products reduces the risk in damages and the possibility of you filing an expensive claim against your policy. As a result, insurance companies offer discounts to homeowners who install doors and windows fitted with impact-resistant glass.
- Increases your home’s resale value – most prospective home buyers are concerned about two key issues – security and structure features. Items such as the electrical system, foundation, roof, and windows can have a huge impact on home safety. So when you install impact windows and doors, it enhances your home’s curb appeal and increases its value.
- Reduced noise pollution – another key benefit and feature of impact doors and windows is their ability to reduce the amount of exterior noise that enters your home. The noise reducing ability is attributed to the polyvinyl membrane that is sandwiched between two layers of impact-resistant glass.
To learn more about impact windows and doors, call V&V Windows at (305) 888-4151. We are here to help you get the best for your home and office building. Call now.