Building codes in Miami-Dade County require that commercial and residential window openings be protected against hurricane-related wind-borne debris. Although some homeowners prefer hurricane shutters for protection, others choose to install impact windows because of their additional qualities such as:
- Energy efficiency
- Increased security
- Noise reduction
- UV protection
Furthermore, impact-resistant windows add to the curb appeal of your home as well as the value of your property and could help qualify you for homeowner’s insurance discounts. When shopping for impact windows, it’s important to consider your options where these products are concerned. After all it is a big investment and nobody needs to get sub-par windows.
Types of Impact Windows
We offer three types of impact-resistant windows at V&V Windows including casement windows, horizontal rolling or sliding windows, and single hung windows. Not only do these suit all décor aesthetics but are quality glass that can protect your home. The following are a description of each:
- Casement windows – side mounted hinges allowing for casement windows to be opened like doors. If you want the best possible outdoor views and be able to let fresh air in, this is the ideal option. These are perfect for installing over your kitchen cabinets and sink. Plus, they’re available in a variety of colors, frames, and styles.
- Horizontal rolling or sliding windows – these impact windows are track-mounted at the top and bottom of the frame and can be made to allow the left or right-side panel to slide open based on building codes and the homeowner’s preference. We make 2-panels (1 panel slides) and 3-panel (2 panels slide) models. Sliding impact windows are a popular choice for meeting egress requirements.
- Single-hung windows – this classic impact window style features a sliding bottom panel and spiral balances which allows for easy lifting. Single-hung impact-resistant windows are the perfect option for windows facing decks, patios, porches, and walkways. They are available in different sizes and styles and can be fitted with laminated or insulated glass.
In addition to the above, V&V Windows can make custom window designs to fit the architectural needs of your home such as full, half, and quarter circle or hexagon, oval, rectangle, and trapezoid, just to name a few.
Impact Window Frames
Three different types of frames are available for our impact windows depending on your preferences. These include aluminum, vinyl, and wood as follows:
- Aluminum – aesthetically pleasing, lightweight, low maintenance, recyclable, strong, and weather-resistant
- Vinyl – excellent insulation qualities, high energy efficiency, low cost, and low maintenance and upkeep
- Wood – excellent insulation qualities, high energy efficiency, and recyclable
To learn more about our impact windows, call V&V Windows at 305.888.4151. Our business representatives would be glad to be of assistance to you.